Electric bikes make it easier to ride more miles by boosting your pedalling power with the pedal assist. The battery-powered motors help boost your pedalling power and make riding more fun and enjoyable, and every biker would want to have an e-bike.
However, electric bikes are relatively more expensive than the ordinary ones due to the additional features and accessories, including the battery and motor. But does this mean that you won't be able to buy one if you do not have cash?
If you are looking to purchase an e-bike but are stuck because you do not have sufficient cash, read on for tips on how to get an e-bike on finance. Also, learn about the benefits of buying your bike with the finance options.
What Finance Payment Options Do I Have?
Sometimes, it may be challenging to raise the cash to buy an e-bike due to the high price. But don't worry, we have you covered. We have flexible finance options with Klarna and PayPal Credit to help spread your e-bike purchase in manageable instalments at no extra cost.
Let's look at how to use these finance options. Visit our website and check out our range of quality electric bikes for men and women. After identifying the e-bike you want to purchase, you may use either of the options below to complete your purchase on finance.
We have partnered with PayPal Credit to offer you flexible finance options at a 0% rate to break down the cost of our electric bikes and make them affordable for you. PayPal Credit allocates a credit card-like limit to your PayPal account.
First, you need to apply for a PayPal credit from your PayPal account. If your application is successful, your wallet will have PayPal Credit, and you can use it to pay for goods and services on platforms that support the service. You can use it to purchase a bike from our online store by selecting PayPal in the checkout as the funding source.
You will get a 0% interest rate for four months payment period each time you make purchases worth £99 or higher. For purchases under £99, you will pay an interest of 21.9% per annum.
The minimum due payments for the spread instalments apply to the 0% interest rate. If there is any unpaid balance after the four months, it will attract a 21.9% per annum.
To use the PayPal Credit service, you need:
- To be 18 years or older
- To have a UK bank account
- To have a UK residential address
You can also make your e-bike purchase payment in 3 interest-free instalments with Klarna. You only need to provide the details of your card during purchase, and they will collect payments on a 30-day interval thrice at zero interest. Here is how it works:
- Add your selected items to Cart, then select Klarna at check out.
- Enter the necessary personal details; the system will indicate approval or decline of your transaction instantly.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase from Klarna.
- Pay for your purchase in three equal instalments while trying your products. You may return in case of any defects. You will make your payments hassle-free because Klarna will collect funds automatically from your credit or debit card at intervals of 30 days.
To use this service, you should:
- Be 18 years and above
- Have a UK bank account
- Have a residential address in the UK
The e-Bike Loan
If you live in Scotland, you can benefit from the eBike loan; a UK government facility by Transport Scotland via Energy Saving Trust for eligible citizens. The loan is interest-free and is repayable within four years, and you can use it for:
- Two e-bikes costing not more than £3,000 each
- One cargo family not exceeding £6,000
- One adapted cycle of a case-dependent value.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Buying an E-bike on Finance?
Purchasing your e-bike on finance include has its benefits and drawbacks. Let us look at how beneficial or limiting it could be to you.
- When you purchase your e-bike on finance, you acquire the bike before paying. Therefore you can use the bike to commute to work and save on commuting expenses which will lessen your payment burden.
- Buying an e-bike on finance enables you to spread the cost of the bike over several affordable payments instead of spending a lump sum at once.
- Also, whether you buy the bike in cash or finance, you should not spend more than your spending power.
- Unless you get a 0% agreement and 0% APR, the disadvantage of e-bike finance is that the interest and other payable charges could lead to the bike costing more than the original price.
- Like any other contract, once you apply, accept, and sign the bike finance agreement, you will have to pay the agreed monthly instalments, so only sign up if you know you can adhere.
- Paying late or skipping payments will invalidate any interest-free agreements, resulting in penalties and interest charges. Consequently, you may end up paying more than the original price.
- In extreme cases, the lender could take you to court. Moreover, it could also harm your credit rating and affect your future credit eligibility.
An electric bike can help reduce commuting expenses and enhance your movement and health. Getting an e-bike on finance can be helpful owing to the high cost of e-bikes.
But make sure you do not buy something you cannot afford. Ensure you carefully read any credit agreement before signing so that you don't incur unexpected costs in the long term. Contact us at Eskute for guidance on buying your next e-bike on finance and the available cost-friendly finance options.